Atty. Percival D. Brigola
Direct line: 63 (043) 784-2528
1. Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sanggunian and provide legal assistance and support to the City Mayor in carrying out the delivery of basic services
and provision of adequete facilities as provided for under Section 17 of the Local Goverment Code.
2. Develop plans and strategies and upon approval therof by the City Mayor, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with programs and projects related
to legal services which the Mayor is empowered to implement and which the Sanggunian is to empowered to provide.
3. Represent the local government unit in all civil actions and special proceedings wherin the local government unit or any official thereof, in his official capacity,
is a party.
4. When required by the City Mayor os Sanggunian, draft ordinances, contracts, bonds, leases and other instruments involving any interest of the local government unit and
provide comments and reccomendations on any question of law when requested to do so by the City Mayor or the Sanggunian.
5. Implement the Barangay Legal Outreach Program, which is anchored on the City Legal Office’s mandate of developing strategies related to legal services and be in
the frontline of protecting human rights.
6. Investigate or cause to be investigated any local official or employees for administrative neglect or misconduct in the office and recommend appropriate action to
the City Mayor or Sanggunian or any person, firm or corporation holding any franchise or exercising any public privilege for failure to comply with any terms and condition
in thr grant such franchise or privilege.
7. Initiate and prosecute, in the interest of the local government unit concerned any civil action on and bond, lease or other contract upon any breach or violition
8. Review and submit recommedations on ordinances and execute orders issued by the component units.
9. Recommend measure to the sanggunian and advice to the City Mayor, on all other matters related to upholding the rule of law.
10. Protect human rights and prosecute any violations thereof, particularly those that occur during and in the aftermath of man-made or natural disasters and calamities.
The City Legal Office shall promote justice through legal services to its constituents and shall assist the City Mayor on matters requirring legal actions.